Hey irreverent and slightly jaded job-seekers!
eyebobs is a team of loveable optical-misfits with a singular vision (see what we did there?): to supply fashion-forward, luxury eyewear to the irreverent and slightly jaded. We live to outfit the eyes of the smart, sarcastic and style-conscious with readers, sunreaders and polarized sunglasses that express their unique personality. We’re passionate about our product and fanatical about service. eyebobs is out to change the game, one face at a time! Want to join our team?
VICE PRESIDENT FINANCE - Minneapolis, MN
Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, eyebobs was founded in 2001 with a vision to design and supply fashion-forward, luxury eyewear. We live to outfit the eyes of the smart, sarcastic and style-conscious with readers, sunreaders and polarized sunglasses that express their unique personality. We’re passionate about our product and fanatical about service. We have proven to be an innovative leader in luxury eyewear and are serious about building a world class company to support our growing business. We are out to change the game, one face at a time!
To help fuel our next stage of growth, eyebobs entered into an investment partnership with Norwest Equity Partners (NEP), a leading middle market investment firm, in March 2015. Also based in Minnesota, NEP has been investing alongside business owners and their management teams since 1961. This investment of capital was a significant milestone for our company.
The Vice President of Finance will have overall responsibility for the financial management of the Company including accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, financial planning and analysis, cash management, insurance and risk management, legal, tax, payroll and benefits. This position is a key member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO and will have regular interaction with our private equity owners.
- Develop and ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting package.
- Lead the annual operating plan financial modeling and budgeting processes and build long range plan financial model.
- Partner with management team to identify and build the analysis, metrics, and reporting needed to support business decision making and planning.
- Partner with CEO and executive team to model and analyze new business opportunities including new customer accounts, new products, pricing and promotion policies, and new channel opportunities.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop forecasting processes and tools.
- Coordination of Board processes, meeting materials preparation, and audit committee management.
- Manage information needs and regular communication with Norwest Equity Partners.
- Oversee and ensure effectiveness of monthly close and year end accounting process.
- Develop effective internal controls, documentation, policies and continuous improvement of department process.
- Manage the general ledger ensuring strong controls and process over all transactions.
- Oversee accounting process execution including general ledger, A/R, A/P, credit, collections, deductions processing, inventory accounting, expense reimbursement.
- Oversee and guide cash management activities.
- Partner with VP Sales to ensure effective controls, analysis, policies and accounting processes related to trade promotion, pricing and customer deductions.
- Management of audit processes and relationship with external audit partners to include year-end audit, bank audits, federal, state and local income tax auditors.
- Responsible for tax, insurance, risk management, and treasury policy development and execution.
- Partner with HR to design compensation and benefits offering.
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration and compliance through third party vendor.
- Responsible for coordination of legal matters, contracts, trademark records, FDA, corporate record retention, and compliance management.
- Governance oversight and execution of 401-K Plan compliance, annual fiduciary review and file Form 5500.
- Manage and develop accounting and finance team including Sr. Accountant, Sr. Financial Analyst, Accounting Administrator and external partners.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive financial planning & analysis and accounting experience with at least 5 years in a senior financial management role.
- Related consumer products experience required. Similar sales channels including department stores, independent retailers, direct to consumer is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced growing company and demonstrated effectiveness in a small company / location where role includes both leadership and hands-on responsibilities.
- Excellent business and analytical skills including strong financial planning & analysis, S&OP and forecasting experience, and consumer products and retail customer decision support and reporting.
- Solid accounting and controls skill set including developing and overseeing internal controls, general ledger, cash management, audit and tax.
- Strong communication skills and team orientation, builds good relationships at all levels.
- Experience supporting Board of Directors processes, audit committee, materials preparation.
- History of successfully managing relationships with investors. Private equity environment strongly preferred.
- Results driven with a strong track record. Sets high expectations that are realistic, practical and achievable.
- Demonstrated process improvement/simplification expertise.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel (mastery level), Outlook, etc.). Knowledge of NetSuite preferred.
- Adaptable, resilient, flexible, fast-paced/sense of urgency, and a high level of multitasking ability.
- Demonstrated passion and personal commitment. Personal and professional values aligned with company values and culture, high integrity.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE – Two Positions Open! - Minneapolis, MN
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for responding to questions, managing account information resulting in a great customer experience. Currently, we have two full-time positions open.
Hours of Work
Position 1 - 10:00am – 6:30pm Tuesday to Friday and 8:00am – 4:30pm Saturday
Position 2 - 10:00 am – 6:30pm Monday to Friday
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Process customer orders, working directly with customers, making recommendations when necessary
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge
- Monitor general voicemail, email and live chat to resolve inquiries within established timelines
- Able to address customers’ in a calm, attentive and productive manner always leaving the customer feeling that their concerns have been heard and addressed as best as possible
- Ability to act as a consultant to assure the customer will be satisfied with the products they are purchasing
Education or Experience
The candidate we are looking for must have direct customer service experience, whether it is on the phone or in person.
- 1-2 years professional customer service experience in an office or call center
- Exceptional and professional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- NetSuite experience preferred
Company Core Values:
Here at eyebobs, we take pride in the core values we’ve developed and firmly believe they drive business by creating a culture that inspires people to be their best. They are more than words – we walk the talk. Successful eyebobs team members demonstrate the following values across all aspects of their job:
- Culture of Quirkiness
- Be Responsible
- Do the Right Thing
- Team Collaboration
- High Performance
Compensation & Benefits:
This role offers a compensation package with benefits, including medical, dental, FSA, 401k, life and disability insurance.
Candidates must email or mail a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mail: eyebobs, 1401 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55405