Hey irreverent and slightly jaded job-seekers!
eyebobs is a team of loveable optical-misfits with a singular vision (see what we did there?): to supply fashion-forward, luxury eyewear to the irreverent and slightly jaded. We live to outfit the eyes of the smart, sarcastic and style-conscious with readers, sunreaders and polarized sunglasses that express their unique personality. We’re passionate about our product and fanatical about service. eyebobs is out to change the game, one face at a time!
Social Media Specialist
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Technologist, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for the creation and execution of marketing efforts throughout eyebobs’ social networks. Programs and projects will build awareness, traffic and engagement, market our products, acquire new customers and drive direct revenue for the brand. This position will begin as a contract position for 20 hours a week at eyebobs world headquarters.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and develop strategies to increase social engagement and conversion
- Work with marketing team and public relations firm to develop and publish content designed to spur conversation and sharing
- Work with the creative team to develop social media-specific design assets and content
- Create and maintain a social media calendar for short and long term efforts, ensuring that the content for social media channels is aligned with the Marketing and Sales calendar.
- Respond to conversations about the brand and the content
- Share feedback with the appropriate internal functional group
- Curate and promote user generated content
- Manage all existing social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn), eyebobs blog and establish presence in new networks when and where appropriate
- Connect with eyebobs retailers and amplify their messages to the eyebobs community
- Establish and grow relationships with key members of the community and influencers
- Ensure that social media content and themes support the current seasonal theme, overall marketing campaigns and business objectives
- Support live social media coverage when needed, including partnerships and collaborations
- Enforce guidelines/boundaries
- Stay current on social media trends, best practices and emerging technology to evangelize these concepts across the company and to improve the strategy where appropriate
- Track, report and analyze social campaigns against business goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Other duties as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- 3+ years experience in Marketing and / or Public Relations, including 2+ years of Social Media Marketing experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their participants (Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Effective team player, project manager, detailed-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities are required to meet the position’s expectations.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently
- A thorough understanding of social media trends with demonstrable experience in managing multiple social media channels
- Strong leadership, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and influence other departments and senior management
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong fashion, trend and retail awareness
Company Core Values:
Here at eyebobs, we take pride in the core values we’ve developed and firmly believe they drive business by creating a culture that inspires people to be their best. They are more than words – we walk the talk. Successful eyebobs team members demonstrate the following values across all aspects of their job:
- Culture of Quirkiness
- Be Responsible
- Do the Right Thing
- Team Collaboration
- High Performance
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.