Love eyebobs style, but don’t need reading glasses?
Have no fear, nearsighted friends – eyebobs are equal opportunity style! All our frames are optical quality which means the reading lenses can be replaced with your prescription by a qualified optician. Progressive lenses, prescription sun, bifocals…you name it. Nearly any prescription can be put in an eyebobs frame. No need to pinch yourself, it really is true! Just ask around our world headquarters, you’ll find nearly every member of our crew rocking their prescription eyebobs.
Tricks of the trade
You don’t have to be an optical insider to get super cool custom eyewear. Bob is ready and willing to share his wisdom. Just follow these steps and you’ll be sporting your prescription eyebobs in no time.
- Pick out your frames on eyebobs.com - this is the fun part! You’ve got your choice of nearly anything in our line, so go to town! Be aware, not all frames are suitable for all prescriptions (example: frames with teeny tiny lenses won’t accommodate a trifocal prescription). Be a savvy shopper and note the frame measurements on each item. Your optician can tell if you if there are any specific size requirements for your unique prescription.
- If you plan to have your prescription put into an eyebobs frame you should choose the “for prescription” option under the reading glass lens power menu. This will allow us to send you the magnification we have the most stock in. All our frames come with a reading lens in them – we don’t make clear lenses or ship frames without lenses. But your optician should have no problem removing the reading lenses.
- Find a qualified optician in your area. Your local independent optician should be up to the task. If they have questions or concerns, they can call our headquarters and one of our certified opticians can help guide them through the process. Or you can try the store locator on our website - many optical stores that carry our line are willing to help. Bear in mind, some optical stores are not comfortable working on a frame that they did not sell you. But they can’t pull one over on you, bob fan. If they tell you it can’t be done, you know better! Just try another optical – persistence pays off.
- Bring your eyebobs in and your optician will remove the reading lenses and replace with your prescription.
- Prepare for the barrage of compliments. The minute you put those new prescription eyebobs on your face you’ll be the envy of hipsters and fashionistas everywhere. You’ll be asked where you got your super stylish glasses, so make sure to share the love. Like the old proverb says, with great glasses comes great responsibility…or something like that.
Welcome to the world of accessory eyewear!
Getting fashionable custom eyewear is easy, fun and affordable with eyebobs! With the money you saved on frames, you can even get more than one pair. Don’t make shopping for prescription eyewear a one-time event. Just like a perfect pair of shoes, glasses can make the outfit. With so many fun and funky eyebobs looks to choose from, you’ll never have to miss an opportunity to accessorize. Welcome to your new obsession – happy shopping!
Don’t forget: regular eye exams are crucial to good eye health. And you want those peepers healthy AND stylish!